Valley View has really used the "Design on a Dime" approach to start making some differences in their classroom spaces.
Barton Creek has redesigned a collaborative space and named it the iLab.
Cedar Creek has redesigned their computer lab and has reflected on how the SAMR model applies to chairs.
Bridge Point has designed two pilot classrooms, both in 3rd grade.
Hill Country has redesigned a collaborative space. Teachers can check out the room online and work on projects in the new space.
Westlake is also piloting three mobile classrooms.
Here are some resources that may get you inspired about changing your classroom space:
- Grab a group of 3-5 people
- Grab a large piece of paper and some markers
- Brainstorm what your ideal classroom would look like or how you can change your existing classroom
- Peruse catalogs, talk about budget, work with your team
- Draw or list your ideas
- Present your ideas to our group